title="Ventnor Town Council on the Isle of Wight">

The Salisbury GardensFri, 26th May 2017

Built in the 1870s as two semi-detached homes at 1 & 2 Salisbury Gardens, this remarkable building has served the town as a sanitorium, boarding school, college and a hotel before being bought by Ventnor Urban District Council in 1945 for £6,100.

It then passed to the new South Wight Borough Council in 1974 and then to the new Unitary Authority of the Isle of Wight Council in 1995.